For interior designers, Pinterest has got to be one of the best hot new ways to market your interior design business. Pinterest continues to climb up the rankings with well over 15 million users since its launch in 2010.
With this fast rise in popularity, and its main feature of allowing pinning of pictures that link to your
company’s website, why wouldn’t this visually stimulating social media platform add more profits for you, an interior designer?
There are actually many ways to maximize Pinterest for profit in your interior design business. Here are 5 creative ways to do that:
1. Create a board that features your products. Put in a keyword-dense description and catchy phrases. This will attract more pinners, followers, prospects and clients and get them coming back to visit your boards.
2. Create a board that showcases your work. This is considered an authority board, it’s a great way to drive traffic to your website that features your specialty. There are many website owners reporting that most of their traffic comes from Pinterest. Better to maximize it for driving traffic back to your own website and blog.
3. Create a group board to collaborate with other pinners. Collaborating and networking are vital if you want to stay in business. You have to build relationships based on trust and camaraderie. Show appreciation to your followers by welcoming them, sharing great pins with them, liking and repining their pins, and acknowledging their efforts. You never know how the relationship can expand your reach over the World Wide Web.
4. Go viral. Link your Pinterest account to your other social media accounts like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. This is a great way to get more followers. The more followers you have, the more likely you are to get more traffic to your website and blog. Your followers oftentimes become your clients. The possibilities are endless.
5. Help your visitors. Be sure to put a Pinterest button on your own website so that your visitors can easily follow your Pinterest account, too.
Creating enjoyable boards can stimulate your creative mind and thus makes you more productive. Remember, when other pinners see you as fun and interactive, they’re more likely to follow you than if all you do is pin items that you’re trying to sell. Part of any business is to create an atmosphere of comfort between you and your clients. One best way to do that is to show them that you are somebody they can trust and is fun to follow. Mixing business with pleasure can do wonders, not only for your company’s benefit, but to your own advantage as well. If you like and enjoy what you are doing and your interaction with your network is light and fun, it adds to your own well being and that of your business as well.
There are many ways to make Pinterest a profitable marketing strategy for you. Look around Pinterest and see what’s hot and you’ll get more and more ideas. And always remember, the profit is in your Pinterest relationships. Happy pinning!
If you’d like to learn more about how to use Pinterest for your business, be sure to join us on my upcoming Pinterest webinar training on February 20. Click below to get all the details.