Google Business Maps – Did you know there’s a FREE listing on Google for your business, and it’s just waiting for you? Have you claimed it yet?
It’s called Google Places and it’s a fast and easy way to build your online presence, even if you don’t have a website!
With Google business maps –
1. Reach millions of Google users, quickly and for free – More people search for businesses online than anywhere else, so it’s important to make sure your business listing can be easily found on Google Business Maps. Creating a listing is easy, takes just a few minutes and it doesn’t cost a thing!
2. Easy to edit – Your business may already show up on Google, but you will need to claim it and make sure the details are correct. Any changes you make will appear on Google as soon as you complete the verification process.
3. Practical and easy to manage – Your Google Business Maps listing is an easy way to maintain an online presence even if you don’t have a website. Visit Google Places anytime to edit your information and to see how many people have seen and clicked on your listing.
4. Add photos, videos and other custom options, all for free – Make your listing really shine with photos, videos, custom categories, your service area, brand name products you sell, how to find parking; and coupons to encourage customers to make a first-time or repeat purchase.
Signing up for Google Places is simple. I’ve listed the steps below to create (or claim) your FREE Google Business Maps listing for your interior design business.
1. Get a Google Account – If you don’t have one, go to Google.com or Gmail.com and set up an account. It’s a good idea to create a new Gmail account just for this. That way you won’t mind sharing it with others or passing it along, in case you wish to transfer ownership of your listings at a later date.
2. Local.Google.com – On the left side of the screen, look for “Put your business on Google Maps.” Click there.
4. Fill in the Blanks – Add your business information and click continue.
5. Claim or Create – If you see your business listed there, Google will offer you a chance to claim the existing listing. If you see one that looks like it could be yours, but there are errors, go ahead and choose it. You can fix the errors. If you don’t see your business listed, follow the rest of the instructions to create a new listing.
6. Main Form – Complete the rest of the form and click Submit.
7. Verify – Google asks you to verify your submission by phone or postcard. They want to be sure that only the right people are able to change any public data about your business. I recommend the phone call option – it’s fast and easy. Either way, you’ll receive a 4 digit code that you will have to enter into the appropriate box on the page.
8. Success – You are now done claiming your listing!
9. Customize – Be sure to add in photos, videos and descriptions to fill out your listing fully. If you don’t have them handy you can always go back to add them later.
Claiming your Google business maps listing is an extraordinarily important factor in determining how you show up in Google, especially when competing with other interior designers in your area.