When you think of seasonal marketing, the first thing that more than likely comes to mind is… Christmas! Naturally.
In the United States at least, we’re conditioned from the time we’re children that Christmas = shopping, so what better way to take advantage of that as a business owner than to offer sales and specials to commemorate the season?
Of course, Christmas isn’t the only holiday you can add to your marketing calendar. American’s love holidays, and just about every month of the year provides another opportunity for a promotion. Consider adding some of these annual celebrations to your own marketing plan:
- New Year’s Day – Perfect for anyone wanting to get organized for the new year
- Valentine’s Day – If you sell custom bedding this one is for you!
- St. Patrick’s Day – Anything green is a fit here.
- Easter – A time of rebirth and renewal, so clear out the old and make room for the new.
- Memorial Day – Remember the heroes of history with special prices just for those in the armed forces and their families.
- Independence Day – Why not host a sale with discounts based on the color of items? Red. White. Blue.
- Labor Day – If you work with clients that work at home, this holiday is a perfect fit!
- Thanksgiving – Now is the time to roll out fantastic Christmas bargains!
You can see that the possibilities are limitless when it comes to holiday specials. Heck, you could even make up your own “There is no holiday this month we just wanted to have a promotion to say Thank you”! And of course, we realize that not everyone lives in the US, but wherever you are, there are annual holidays you can (and should!) be taking advantage of in your marketing plans.
Happy Holidays (all year long)!
Oh, and don’t make the mistake of thinking that holiday marketing won’t work for you just because you don’t have a retail store. All products and services can enjoy a big boost of activity around the holidays. It’s all about how you present the offer, so go on and get creative!