By now we’ve all heard that Pinterest is the latest “must have” social media profile. This is even more true for your interior design business and other visual industries such as contractors, industry partners, etc. Pinterest can be your key to attracting new, qualified clients.
So, how do you use this fun new tool as a way to market your product and/or service? Here’s how to get started:
1. Create a board specifically for your services or products. If you have a product to sell, simply name your board accordingly. For example, if you are selling designer pillows, name the board “Gorgeous Designer Pillows”.
2. Upload photos (add pins) to the board. Make sure the photos are of the highest quality. These are the samples your prospects will see.
3. Add a detailed description. For example, a product description for one of your pillows might read – “Decorative Silk Pillow, Down Filler, 24 X 24, tassel trim, chocolate brown and blue” plus a few more descriptive words.
4. Include the keywords you are targeting and the price. In the description box, add a FEW keyword strings (no more than 2 or 3), type the $ sign followed by the amount and then click “Pin It”.
5. Follow people. This might seem obvious, but you need to actively seek out new people to follow. Spend a few minutes every day following new people, and your Pinterest account will look and feel healthier.
6. Interact. As with all social media, you can expect to get dismal results as a ‘lurker’. Comments, repins, and likes are all appreciated and reciprocated, so get out there and make some friends on Pinterest.
Like a plant without water, your Pinterest account will dry up and fade away if it’s not properly cared for. You don’t have to spend hours a day nurturing your account, there are however specific things you need to do – especially in the early stages – to keep your account current.
If you’d like to know more about how you can use Pinterest to grow your interior design business (or any business for that matter)… get more detail and step by step instructions with screen shots and lots of pictures in “How to Become a Pinterest Superstar“.