In order to be successful in your interior design business, you’ll need to sit down and carve out some time to do some planning. Otherwise you’ll try to do too many things at once, you’ll get confused, frustrated and waste time on things that don’t bring in revenue.
For overall balance to your life, there are 3 plans you’ll want to create (not just 1 for your business):
Your Business Plan: Set up a website, collect email addresses and build your list, network, get on Twitter and Facebook, etc. (All the basic functions of getting an online presence for your business).
Your Entrepreneur Plan: What are your goals? How many hours do you want to work? How much money do you want to make?
Your Personal Plan: Do you want to take a vacation? Do you want to buy a new car, a new house?
You can’t run your interior design business without being organized. If you’re organized then you’re ready for success and you’ll achieve that success much sooner.
- Plan a year ahead then break that into 4-90 day plans.
- Break your first 90 day plan into 3 month plans.
- Then create a 4 week plan from month 1.
- Then break down week 1 into daily tasks.
- Then plan tomorrow today.
- Keep your focus so you won’t get lost.
- Do the most urgent tasks first.
- Do this and your life will change.
An idiot WITH a plan will always beat a genius WITHOUT a plan!
This article was adapted from my friend Gigi Messina’s Blog. Please visit Gigi’s blog and tell her to write more of these excellent articles!